Monday, August 15, 2011

Words of God, Worthy of Our Praise

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. (Psalm 119:1)
There is much blessing for those that who walk in the way of the Lord. I know that we as Christians do our best to walk in the law of the Lord, but we are not perfect. It is only by the grace of God that we live through Him.

Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. (Psalm 119:2)
There are so many testimonies that we can express about what the Lord has done, will do, and is going to do. Seeking God helps to calm the storms of life, and to guide us through the dark valleys.

They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. (Psalm 119:3)
There are not many that can say this, but I know that we try to do our best. God has given us the way that we should live in His Word.

Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. (Psalm 119:4)
As with work, this should be done so diligently. If we do not keep the precepts of the Lord diligently; then we are bound to fall into sin.

O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! (Psalm 119:5)
David wants to keep the statutes of the Lord, but he knows that it is difficult.

Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. (Psalm 119:6)
There is shame for those that have not respected and obeyed the commandments of the Lord.

I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. (Psalm 119:7) I will praise the Lord for what I have learned from Him.

I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly. (Psalm 119:8)
He gives his best for the Lord, and asks Him not to forsake him completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment