Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday: Celebrating my Wife

Yesterday, I was able to be a part of something special. My wife reached a milestone in her weight loss. She has been working toward this goal for a couple of months, and she finally reached it yesterday. I love celebrating with the love of my life. It is important to celebrate with your spouse even in the small victories. This by no means was a small victory, but something to cheer about with a happy dance. I have learned during the years of our marriage to enjoy every minute that we have together. There might be times that we are apart, but it is those times that we will remember the little things that we love about each other.
I have a suggestion for all the spouses/husbands out there, cherish the moments that you have with your wife, because you never know when you might have to spend time apart. The other suggestion that I would make would be to sit down with your wife and watch Fireproof. There are many distractions out there that keep us from paying attention to the ones that we love. There is also a book that goes along with this movie called the Love Dare, check it out at your local Christian bookstore. There are so many things that can turn our gaze away from our wives and they are vanity.
Your wife was given to you by God, so treat her with respect. "Husbands love your wives."

No comments:

Post a Comment