Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday: My God is Enough

I rely on God everyday. This is a day like any other, but I do have a test today. This test will determine where I will be employed in the Navy. I know what I want to do in the Navy and that is be a builder, but the test will be the real tell-all. God knows where I am headed. He is "the author and finisher of our faith." He takes care of all the details. I continue to follow after God.

"As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after You.
You alone are my heart's desire, and I long to worship You.
You alone are my strength, my shield; To You alone may my spirit yield.
You alone are my heart's desire, and I long to worship You."
("As the Deer"- Martin Nystrom)

My soul longeth for my God. It is in our nature to long for our Creator. That is before we sinned and separated ourselves from God.

"I've had enough of living life for only me
and reaching just for the things
that keep destroying me
so sick of envying the lives of so many I see
somehow believing that they have what I need

My God's enough for me
this world has nothing I need
in this whole life I've seen
my God's enough, enough for me

I can't explain why I suffer though I live for You
those who deny You, oh they have it better than I do
cover my eyes now so that my heart can finally see
that in the end only You mean anything

Who have I in heaven but You
Nothing I desire but You
My heart may fail but not You
You are mine forever
My heart may fail but not you
You are mine forever

Who have I but you?"
("My God's Enough For Me"- BarlowGirl)

Is your God enough, because I know that mine is enough. I suggest that you read Psalms 73, so that you understand that our God is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment