Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday: To Serve My God and Country

First, I must serve my God. The Lord has prepared me for this time, and I am ready to go where He wants me to go. Service to my God is not something that I take lightly, but I do it in all reverence. God does not put a burden on a person’s heart, and leave them to fend for themselves. He uses the Spirit to guide them in that path. I have looked at all my options of taking care of my family, and I feel that the military is the best option for me. I am glad that I am at an age that the military can still use me. The U. S. Navy has been the best option so far, because I can still be active duty. I look forward the sea tours, but I also look forward to serving my country. I never pictured myself in the military, but most of the time we don’t picture ourselves in the places that God puts us. Like an artist, the end product is produced by many brush strokes and a labor of love. An artist without the love is like a musician without the music. I am about to step into a different world than what I am used to, but I step into it with a purpose.

Second, I must serve my country, though I am not saying that the country is any less important. The purpose of going into the U.S. Navy is provided for my family. I put it all in the Lord's hands, because He knows the steps that I take. The country is in need of people that are willing to dedicate themselves to protecting the freedoms that we enjoy daily. I am ready to be a part of U. S. Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment