Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friday: Preparations For the Road Ahead

I am getting ever closer to the next step in my military journey. To a certain extent, I know what lies ahead, but there is a part of me that is unsure. I have my ASVAB coming up this Monday, and then about a week out from that I have my military physical and job placement. I am excited and scared at the same time. I am doing as much as I can to prepare myself for the test Monday, but I put the rest in the hands of the Lord. "He leads in every path I take..." ("God Makes No Mistakes," Ron Hamilton)

We all have uncertainty in the human part of us, but that is why we all need to put more trust in the One that knows the beginning and end of us. I cannot emphasize this enough, because He is truly the only One in Whom we can place all our trust. Peter, Paul, and David did it, and they were only human like us, but they were indwelt by the Spirit. Peter had to trust the Lord to lift him up out of the sea. Paul had to trust the Lord in every situation, and that is how he was able to do all that he did in the name of the Lord. David had Goliath to face, and he was only a little boy; but he, through the power of God, was able to slay Goliath. We can only do so much in our own power, but "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment