Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday: Still Moving Forward

I am still moving forward and it may be a slow process, but I am patiently and prayerfully waiting. The Lord knows what needs to happen. The separation from my family will be difficult, but I know that they will be cheering me on from the home front. Their prayers and love will be there with me through it all. These things are fearful. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7) The spirit that indwells us is one of power, love, and a sound mind. The power of the spirit is one that allows you push through even the most difficult situations. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Phil. 4:13) The preparation has started toward the intended goal.
"For though I be absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ." (Col. 2:5) This verse is an encouragement to me because I will be away from my family. Paul experienced a time of separation from his church family, but I think that this verse would apply to other forms of separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment