Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday: A Test and a Storm

I took the ASVAB last night, and judging by what my preliminary AFQT score was, I think that I did well. There were quite a few different people going into different branches of the military taking the test last night. We had the Navy, Marines, and Army National Guard represented there. I got done with the test, and it was lightly raining--at least until I got to the main road. Then the heavens let forth a downpour that made me feel like I was on the high seas. I had to go at a snail's pace to make sure that I did not end up on the wrong side of the road or in a ditch. Then it started hailing, and the wind and the rain was whipping all different directions. When I got real close to home, the power of nearby businesses went out and then came back on, so it was dark there for a minute.
Our lives are like the test and the storm. Our life tests happen everyday and we have to choose to make the right decision or answer the right answer. These tests are important to our faith. How else will be able to stand when the real test come along? The storms in our life blow in every once in awhile, but even these storms are test of our faith. God has given us a light, and we should be like a lighthouse in these storms. So many crash into the shore, because we choose not to shine our light into their storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment