Monday, January 24, 2011

Praise the Lord For What He Does

I am continuing the study of Psalms 18. We need to make preparations on a daily basis for the battles that we face. If we go into situations that we are unprepared for; we will come away from them with loss. We have a God that is concerned about every part of our lives. There is nothing that He is not capable of doing.

"For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save God?"(31) God is the only One. He is our firm foundation. 

"It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect."(32) God gives us strength, and the path that He has put us on is perfect.


"He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places."(33) He helps us to reach the high places. Our lives are not always dwelling in the high places, but when we are there it is beautiful.

"He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms."(34) Our lives are a battle on a daily basis, and if we are not prepared we will only hurt ourselves. He makes us strong so that when the enemy attacks we are ready for the battle.


"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great."(35) The Lord equips us for the battle, and He has given the wisdom to fight the battle.

"Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."(36) Sometimes our steps are unsure, but the Lord makes the path clear.


"I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed."(37) We are to press forward and fight the good fight. There are battles that leave an impression upon us, and those are the ones that help us to fight the future battles.

"I have wounded them that they were not able to rise: they are fallen under my feet."(38) It is through the strength of our God that we are able to fight against our enemies, because without God's power, our victories are few.


"For Thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me."(39) Through the preparation of the Word we are able to gain strength for the battle.

"Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me."(40) It is the Lord that can destroy our enemies. When interpreting this verse; we should not take it out of context. If we destroy our enemies; we are only destroying ourselves. It is in the prayers of a righteous man that he prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment