Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monday: Relying on God

This is something that we all have a problem doing, relying on God. He is omnipresent and omniscient, and if that is not enough, He is omnipotent. All of His attributes are a way of knowing more about Him. Once you know Him, He becomes your all in all.

"Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips."(17:1) I am crying out to You, Lord, and my words will not go unheeded. I am waiting on You, Lord, and I want feel your presence in this place, and wherever I am there You are always.
 
"Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal."(17:2) God you know me and You know what I can do and be. Thank you, for allowing me to be a part of Your family. 


"Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress."(17:3) Lord, thank you, for knowing me and calling me Your son. I am not perfect, but You don't use perfect people. You use the ones that have been broken and brought low. He has brought us up out of the pit of despair. Thank you for reaching out to me when all seems lost.

"Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer."(17:4) It is Your Word that keeps me from the paths of destruction. I pray that You continue speaking to me in every area of my life. I know that I am stubborn at times, but You continue to be faithful.


"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not."(17:5) I can see David making sure that his sheep are safe. Jesus has done that countless time throughout God's Word. What I mean to say is that Jesus makes sure that His people are safe.

"I have called upon Thee, for Thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech."(17:6) David cannot remind us enough to call out to our God. He is ready and willing to listen.


"Show thy marvelous loving kindness, O thou that savest by Thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them."(17:7) David saw this when he fought against Goliath. God used David to take down the offense of Goliath. He may not save us from something that we have been struggling with right this minute, but He will not let it overcome us.

"Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,"(17:8) The "apple of the eye" is a term of affection. His wings are a great comfort, it symbolizes the protection that a mother bird gives to her chicks.

"From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about."(17:9) God knows the oppression of the wicked, and He endured it on His way to the cross. He knows where we are at.

"They are enclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly."(17:10) The enemy may boast, but they are boasting in their own pride. I boast in the Lord, because He is far greater than my enemies.

"They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;"(17:11) They seek to hurt us, but He will not let any hurt come to us. Their intentions are always evil.

"Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places."(17:12) They hide in the dark places and they devise deeds of wickedness in their hearts.

"Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:"(17:13) The wicked will be cut down as the chaff and they will be blown away with the breath of God.

"From men which are thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes."(17:14) The enemy many have all his desires, but what does that leave him when that is all gone? We have Jesus and He is our portion in this life and the next.

"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness."(17:15)  I am satisfied with Thy face and Thy likeness. May I show Thy face and Thy likeness to the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment