Monday, November 1, 2010

Sunday: A Joyous Life

We can have a joyous life in Christ and God has shown us the way in Psalm 16. So many look to other things for joy. Money comes to mind, but all the money in the world cannot bring you joy. Possessions are also another thing that comes to mind as a temporary joy. We seek eternal joy and we will not find it on the earth, except it be in Christ.

"Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust."(16:1) We seek to preserve our eternal state, but we cannot do it alone. Our trust in the Lord will be our preservation.

"O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;"(16:2) My goodness is nothing compared to the goodness of the Lord. "Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee."(Psalms 73:25)

"But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight."(16:3) David is telling his brethren about His God, and we should do the same because He is our delight.

"Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips."(16:4) Many sorrows are upon those that seek after other gods. Their offerings create a stench that God abhors.

"The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot."(16:5) I would have to say that the Lord is all my inheritance. Jehovah Jireh, the Lord is my provider.

"The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage."(16:6) My heritage is a goodly heritage. The Lord has given me many things and my family is one that I am most thankful for.

"I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons."(16:7) The counsel of the Lord is sure and it will direct you in the right direction. 

"I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."(16:8) The heavenly focus keeps us steadfast and unmovable. If we loose our way, He will redirect us.

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope."(16:9) This is both a spiritual and physical rejoicing. Many times one or the other is not glad, but when the spirit is glad then the flesh is able to rejoice.

"For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."(16:10) He has saved us out of Hell. I am thankful for His great salvation.

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."(16:11) Are you lost on the road of life? I know the One who can give you joy.
 
Lord, you are the joy of my salvation. I will thank you everyday for your direction in my life. You have been Jehovah Jireh to me. I want to be used of You and bring You honor and glory. Help to me rejoice in all situations. In Jesus Name, Amen.     

No comments:

Post a Comment