Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thinking on Thankfulness

Are we thankful when everything seems a disaster? We should be because God chose to keep us alive and sustained even in the middle of disaster. We have His protection. There are many times that we have been close to harm and God has prevented us from leaving this earth prematurely. The thing is God knows when it is our time. Why should we only be thankful only one time a year? Thankfulness should be perpetual. Thank God for the little things. Why is it so difficult to be thankful? I would probably say it is because we don't realize what we have been given. The most important thing that we have to be thankful is our salvation. Other things that I am thankful for are my family, my church, my home, and my friends. I have seen so many sad family situations that I am thankful for a stable family situation. I am also thankful for my home, because some people I know have decided to be selfish and therefore have sacrificed their family on the altar of vain things.

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah."(Psalms 68:19)

"Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:"(Psalms 66:1)

"The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot."(Psalms 16:5)

Thank You for what You did on the cross,
For carrying our load of sin,
So that our souls would not suffer eternal loss,
Thank You for making us clean within.


Thank You for Your blessings so abundant,
I am not worthy of all You bestow,
I will proclaim it aloud and be redundant,
I want Your glory to show.


Thank You for the trials that You send me through,
I will not be the man You want me to be,
I cannot see the final product of what You have me do,
I know that You will be there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment