Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tuesday: My Deliverer- Part One

The Lord has delivered us time and time again. He will continue to deliver. His time of deliverance may not be when we want it, but He knows when we need to be delivered. He has delivered me many times, and I know that He will continue. 

"I will love Thee, O Lord, my strength."(18:1) In my own strength, I am not able to do anything. "I can do all things through Christ strengtheneth me."(Philippians 4:13)

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."(18:2) This verse is loaded with what our God is to us, and what He will do to take care of us.

"I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."(18:3) He is more than worthy, He is awesome. God will save us from the enemies that we face, and He will help us to fight the battles that we encounter in our lives on a daily basis.

"The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid."(18:4) Death may take loved ones from us, and we fear what evil man may do to us. These are all parts of life, but with God these things are not so hard to deal with.

"The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me."(18:5) Satan continues to hurl fiery darts at us, but with the armor of God we are able to defend ourselves against these attacks.

"In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears."(18:6) God is not far away from us. We should call upon Him in every situation; not just when we are in distress.

"Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because He was wroth."(18:7) When our God is wroth; He is not to be reckoned with, because He is able to make all things possible. God makes the things of this earth to proclaim His glory.

"There went up a smoke out of His nostrils, and fire out of His mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it."(18:8) His wrath is a like a fire that is kindled and will not be easily quenched. Those that sinned against God were dealt with very harshly, because they turned their hearts away from Him. Sodom and Gomorrah was one of the occasions that Abraham pleaded with God to save them, if he could find a few of God's people present there. We should plead with God to save even the most vile people, because they need God also.

"He bowed the heavens also and came down: and darkness was under His feet."(18:9) He showed His presence in the firmament. He is able to show His power in any situation. Even the smallest thing can be great in the life of a Christian.

"And He rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, He did fly upon the wings of the wind."(18:10) Our God makes Himself to fly, because He can. He is able to do anything that He wills, but He chooses work in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment