Sunday, October 24, 2010

Saturday: Victory In Jesus- Part One

There is so much fighting going on here on earth, and a continual battle in the spiritual realm. We seek peace on this earth, but there will be no peace until Jesus comes. The government can try to create peace, but only God can give true peace.

"I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew for all thy marvelous works."(9:1) Worship is something we should completely involve ourselves in, and put aside the things of this world. His works are great and marvelous and we cannot begin to speak of those wondrous works.

"I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou most High."(9:2) His names are many and they all speak of His wonderful attributes.

"When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at Thy presence."(9:3) In God's presence can nothing evil stand against.

"For Thou hast maintained my right and my cause; Thou satest in the throne judging right."(9:4) His judgments are right and none can be swayed. He has maintained all things in our lives and will continue to do so until He returns.

"Thou hast rebuked the heathen, Thou hast destroyed the wicked, Thou hast put out their name for ever and ever."(9:5) Those that oppose God will have no part with Him.

"O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them."(9:6) Those that seek only to please themselves and their own flesh will perish.

"But the Lord shall endure for ever: He has prepared His throne for judgment."(9:7) He knows when judgment shall come, and His judgments are sure and eternal.

"And He shall judge the world in righteousness, He shall minister to the people in uprightness."(9:8) There is only righteousness in His judgments, and He will minister to those of us who know Him in uprightness. I would consider this my paraphrase of this verse. I do not claim to know anything about interpretation, but I am trying to understand the verse myself.

"The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."(9:9) He is spoken of as a strong tower in the Psalms, and the righteous run unto Him and they are safe.

"And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee."(9:10) God will never forsake His own.

Lord, thank You for the victory that You give us in our lives, and You give us the strength to stand when all around us are falling. I lift my voice and proclaim You are Almighty God, and You are my refuge and strength. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment