Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wednesday: Have Mercy Upon Me

The fact that God is merciful to us is amazing. We have done so many things to hurt our Heavenly Father, but yet He has had bountiful mercy toward us. The idea of long-suffering would apply to attribute of God's mercy, because He patiently waits and He extends His mercy upon us.

"O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure."(6:1) I know that I would not want to anger God, because those that opposed Him were dealt with very harshly.

"Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed."(6:2) When we admit our weakness; that is when the Lord can show His strength.

"My soul is also sore vexed: but Thou, O Lord, how long?"(6:3) Even David was awaiting restoration, and he was wondering when the Lord would restore him.

"Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for Thy mercies' sake."(6:4) We all need deliverance at one time or another, and because of the bountiful mercy of our God.

"For in death there is not remembrance of Thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?"(6:5) It is only in how present our testimony that God be remembered while we are alive. It is those of us that are left to here on earth that shall lift our thanks to God.

"I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears."(6:6) Sometimes we weary ourselves in our groaning, but the Lord hears every single groaning.

"Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies."(6:7) Our constant grief seems like it takes forever to get past, but when God sees fit these storms will pass.

"Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping."(6:8) God has heard our weeping, and we can rejoice in the fact and proclaim it to the lost.

"The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer."(6:9) This truth that David echoes is prominent through this psalm, because God will hear our supplications.

"Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly."(6:10) God will bring our enemies to shame. Our God does care and daily has mercy upon His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment