Friday, October 22, 2010

Thursday: Deliver Me From My Enemies

We all have enemies, and we all need deliverance. I think that it is better that we pray for our enemies, and let the Lord take care of our deliverance. It makes things more difficult when we try to enact our on vengeance upon our enemies.

"O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:"(7:1) David started out with the right approach, and that was to pray that the Lord would deliver him from his enemies. He also made the affirmation of trust in the Lord at the beginning of his prayer.

"Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver."(7:2) David refers to his enemy in this verse. Satan does the same thing to us; he looks for opportunities to bring us down.

"O Lord my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;"(7:3) David asks himself and God if he has had any part in the iniquity against his enemies. He is the only one that knows the truth concerning his intentions toward his enemies.

"If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me;(yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)"(7:4) Can I reward someone who is peace with me, any evil? We do not want create any more enemies than we already have, but because we trusted in the Lord, our enemies increase. Even though our enemies have increased, we are not alone in this battle.

"Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honor in the dust. Selah."(7:5) God is the protector of our souls, so even if the enemy has taken our lives, we know that we have a home in Heaven.

"Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded."(7:6) Lord, You have seen what I have gone through and You know what will happen to my enemies.

"So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return Thou on high."(7:7) David knows where God belongs, and he ask for mercy for their sakes.

"The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me."(7:8) Our own righteousness is as "filthy rags", but the Lord knows how to judge us according His law.

"Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins."(7:9) God directs the just, and like a horse He directs with the reins of His righteousness.

"My defense is of God, which saveth the upright in heart."(7:10) We are not left defenseless by God, and He is always protecting us according His promises.

"God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with wicked every day."(7:11) If this is not absolute truth in this verse; then I don't know what is. This statement of David is plain and simple, but it is packed with so much truth.

"If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready."(7:12) The time for battle is at hand, so as God prepares to take on our enemies, we need to do the same.

"He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors."(7:13) Our enemies are never far away from the sight of God, and He will deal with them as He sees fit.

"Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood."(7:14) David sees how his enemies are constantly trying to bring him down. These things do not go unseen by God.

"He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made."(7:15) Our enemies have put themselves at a disadvantage in efforts to cause us to fall.

"His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate."(7:16) He that devises mischief against another will only have that mischief fall upon his own head.

"I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high."(7:17) He delivers us and we should be very thankful and praise the Lord that He has done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment