Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday: The Lord Says Wait

I have been having to wait, and I am willing to do so until the Lord says move forward. Everyone has to wait for something, and nobody likes to do that, because that requires patience.

"How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?"(13:1) David wonders if God will show His presence. The presence of God is there; it is a matter of acknowledging that He is there during the time of testing that David was going through.

"How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?"(13:2) David is sorrowed by his circumstances. There are times that we face that be overwhelming, but the Lord is using these circumstances to burn away the impurities. In previous day's post, Psalms 12:6 talked about the words of God being refined.

"Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;"(13:3) David sees the circumstances going on around him and he cries out to God to lighten his eyes.

"Lest mine enemies say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved."(13:4) David's enemy says that he has prevailed and has rejoiced when he has caused them to loose their footing. His enemy is foolish in thinking that he has prevailed.

"But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in the salvation."(13:5) Thank you for my salvation and I know that your mercy is great toward me.

"I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me."(13:6) The Lord has blessed us with bountiful blessings.

"Wait, I say wait, upon the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment